Women in particular are very sensitive to skin imperfections on our faces. One small pimple can prompt us to go a little crazy at times.
If it really becomes a problem especially with a hot date or an important family event coming up, you might try these simple steps to cover it up while applying your makeup.
Ways To Hide Pimples
- Always make sure your skin is clean before you apply any makeup. If you use makeup on a dirty skin, it might make your problem worse. Warm water is best before applying any cleanser so that it will open the pores. Use a gentle cleanser and do not scrub too hard. Use a gentle rubbing motion for forehead, nose, cheeks and chin. Then, use cold water to rinse your face to close up the pores.
- Prep your skin with your toner and moisturize it. Don’t choose an oily moisturizer, since excess oil can make your acne problem worse than before.
- Reduce the swelling by using ice or ibuprofen. Using Visine to reduce redness can also work on those troublesome pimples. Just soak a cotton swab in Visine and place it gently on the pimple for five minutes.
- If the pimple is oozing, use a tinted blemish cream which heals as it covers. If you popped it yourself, moisturize it so that it won’t get flaky or dry from the products you’ve used to treat it.
- When choosing a concealer, pick one that has a dry formula. Use a small and pointy brush to cover it completely. Use a makeup brush that can get to all areas that your finger can’t. Dab it onto the pimple; don’t brush it across. Tap your finger on top of it to set. If you can find it, a green-tinted concealer works best because it counteracts the redness when used with an anti-redness foundation. Don’t choose a concealer that is much lighter than the pimple you are trying to cover up. Focus on the problem first before completing the rest of your make up on your face. Once you are done hiding that, blend out the skin around it, but do not touch the actual zit.
- Blot out the pimple with loose powder. By applying loose powder, your pimple it remains completely hidden and the makeup doesn’t get removed because of the oil from the pimple. Use an eye shadow brush that you have pumped with powder to do this.
- Mineral makeup is the best to use if you have acne problems because it completely covers the problem, but doesn’t bulk up the makeup on your face. You can still see a raised pimple on your face, but it will be hidden almost completely if you use max coverage.
Finish your makeup on the rest of your face the way you normally do. Don’t forget to pat your sweat dry and not rub it, since it will undo all the hard work you’ve done in the first place.
For effective acne treatment, you may read the review of exposed skin care, it has been rated as the best treatment on the market.